What is it with WIP?

I have so many 'works in progress' yet i can't seem to stop myself from
casting on new projects. Is it avoidance of my UFOs? Maybe. Perhaps it
is defiance of my UFOs; like 'they won't be the boss of me' or something
equally mature.

Even though i have at least one 'second sock' sitting here on the desk, a washcloth that has been two weeks in the crocheting, my Central Park Hoodie languishing in the closet, and who knows what other UFOs flying around here, I decided to cast on 'A Noble Cowl' after seeing it in a friends projects. It was knit from a handspun Alpaca that was one of my very first handspun yarns. I plan to dye the cowl, but haven't decided what color yet.


I cast it on and finished it in less than 3 days. Now why is that? knitting is knitting- basically. If I had say, 1,000 stitches in this cowl- could I not have done them on the hoodie?

Ah but there is just something about a new project. The stitches are new, the pattern is new. I will start and finish many projects while others that I was just as excited about at the outset sit gathering dust.

I could blame ADD, a busy schedule, middle-aged forgetfulness or any other convenient excuse. The truth is though, I just like something new.


I did finish one project that had been hanging around longer than it should have. My Flip Flop Socks are finally done. As usual, the first sock was done in one day but the second one took two weeks or maybe a bit longer. I am really happy with the way they fit and may write up the pattern and offer it for free. very comfy.

Comments

Popular Posts