Wheel in the Sky Keeps on Turnin' - well, in the coffee shop anyway.

So much fun at knitting Monday night and of course I had to leave early. Drat. I started spinning about a year and a half ago and it is nigh on to impossible to find a spinning wheel or even a spindle anywhere in South Florida. The exception is knowing someone who already spins. I started by making my own CD spindle, ordering fiber unseen online, and digging through a ton of articles and you tube videos.

I don't know if the first fiber- soy silk- (yeah- NOT the best choice for total noob with no one to teach them) was any good or not. I had no point of reference having never seen unspun fiber in person before. I moved on to other homemade spindles and tried every kind of fiber i could order over the next few months. Then i bought a wheel- oh such fun!Spinning is so addictive.

Now, I am impatiently awaiting my new wheel- a gift from my mom who I also enabled as a spinning addict- a new Ladybug. I am pasted to the window every day waiting for the Postal Carrier to pull up in the mini van to bring me a box. Alas, not yet.

or your viewing pleasure and mine, here are the wheels that visited knitting nite this week. First is CraftyGirly's Kiwi. So adorable and on it is a lovely bamboo blend if i remember correctly. A bright and sunny yellow- so soft. Second is the stunner- a Journey Wheel from around 1985. Actually, it was built in 1985 as the engraving on the inside says. Pat got it as a gift from her hubby years ago and he paid a pittance for it. She nearly croaked when we showed her what they go for now!

Currently, if you want your own Journey Wheel- it will be at least 2012 before you could have it; and that is if you order now. Wow.


Comments

Popular Posts